So we switched gears (what a surprise!) and ended up going to the George West Storyfest 5k. They had a Red Wagon Parade, for God’s sake. Who could resist that?
Friday night, Mo says, “This race seems really small. I bet there’s no swag.”
Saturday morning (for a mere $20 day of race registration) we find ourselves with:
• Four donuts. Six cups of coffee.
• Neon green race T-shirt
• Handsome finisher’s medal
• 2012 datebook
• 1 water bottle
• 3 koozies (2 red, 1 green)
• 1 screwdriver (convertible from phillips to straight edge)
• 1 hand sanitzer encased in carrier with clip
• travel toothpaste, toothbrush and floss
• large red water bottle
• 1 stick-on desk calendar
• 1 envelope opener
• 1 chewy s’more bar
• 3 pencils
• 2 crappy pens and one fabulous pen (this is mo’s appraisal)
• 1 refrigerator sticker from the chamber of commerce
• 1 piece of peppermint candy
• 1 small notebook pad with an American flag on front
Oh, and they had a race. Super-accurate 5k with accurate mile markers, 2 water stations, the high school cheerleaders and a loop through the cemetery. Did I mention I love this race?
And they had Frito Pie after the race. Lordy, what a state …