Warning: You’ll be humming the Brady Bunch theme all day

Longtime readers will recall Mo’s tendency to put a red-and-white striped shirt on much of her artwork.

Maybe you remember this one (which was featured in the Foster Parent Tool Book!)

Or this one (featured on marathon shirts everywhere)

Or this (currently sitting across the room from me)

Note that she even put red and white stripes on the American flag on the right. Cleary obsessive.

What’s the deal with the red-and-white striped shirt? I’ve asked Mo many times, and she’s always vague. I just chalked it up to an artist’s quirk, along the lines of how she can’t paint unless I let her win at mini-golf.

Until this week.

A childhood photo of her surfaced. She’s the one on the right.

Mystery solved. You never forget your roots (and yes, she still has that haircut.)

Now we just sit back and wait for the Yellow Pants collection of paintings …

This entry was posted in margarine and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Warning: You’ll be humming the Brady Bunch theme all day

1. Madiantin says:

OH my GOSH!!! She looks just like her! The little one! Was it Cindy? What a cute little munchkin. Oh my goodness how did her parents stop themselves from hugging and kissing her all the time?

2. Madiantin says:

In other news I had a quick glimpse of your header and thought it said bug farty. Funnily enough I was unfazed. I figured that would be a normal thing for you to put at the head of your blog.

3. Jill says:

What a great old picture (loving that white Christmas tree with blue ornaments); I think I would have had chills seeing the picture of the shirt….I’m glad she never told you and made you find it yourself :).

All that is missing is Florence Henderson. (thanks for the shamless plug).

5. sassafras says:

watch out for the football, Marcia

6. gdionelli says:

I’ll bet there was an EasyBake Oven somewhere under that white tree.

7. SeniorRunner says:

Ah, a sweet reminder of a simpler time when life still worked. The cheerful peppermint-stripe shirt is perhaps a nostalgic symbol of Mo’s longing for lost bliss.
    They have a pill for that, I hear.
    But there may be an issue with that insurance policy. Does it include shrink services and happy pills?

8. Maggynolia says:

Ah yes… a simpler time when we could put highly flammable artificial Christmas trees next to the fireplace and no one thought a thing of it. 🙂

Such cute girls!

9. mosheppo says:

ha!!! EASYBAKE OVEN!!! seriously i loved my easy bake oven!!!! LOL.

• Maggynolia says:

I always wanted an Easy Bake oven! Unfortunately my best friend’s little brother caught their house on fire with theirs, thus ensuring that my parents would never get me one. Sigh…

10. Maggynolia says:

OK, wait. You don’t think my parents would have just said that the Easy Bake oven was the cause of the fire just to have a convenient excuse to not get me one??? Surely that’s not possible.

11. jamicsmith says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo. good god, mo, you look exactly the same. SO STINKIN’ CUTE!

12. willowspirit says:

We do kind of look like Marcia, Jan, and Cindy! LOL and we all still have the same haircut! Too funny.